Seasonal Night Tennis Maintenance
Full-time Seasonal Position
April 22, 2017 through September 6, 2017
Thursday through Monday – 11 pm to 7 am
The Boulevard Club (Lake Shore Blvd. West between Jameson & Parkside) is renowned for its truly exceptional year round sports, fitness and social programming. As an Employee of The Boulevard Club, you will enjoy our excellent meal plan, warm and welcoming Staff and Members and pleasant working environment. The Boulevard Club is an inclusive work environment and as such has a workplace accommodation policy in place. Accommodations are available, upon request, for the interview process and other selection stages for job applicants with accessibility needs. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Specific duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain tennis courts, including:
- watering, dragging, sweeping, rolling, line/surface/net/windscreen/divider curtain repairs, removal of “dead” surface dressing/material and adding court dressing material wherever and whenever required, court amenities (service waste containers, cleaning and filling drinking water stations, replenish supplies), etc.
- Ensure a safe and correct tennis playing environment by keeping courts well-watered to be moist/damp at all times.
- Maintain grounds within and around the tennis courts, including the tennis patio:
- weeding, watering, litter/spill/stain/water/debris/dishes removal, tidying/cleaning/set up/take down of patio and special event furniture,
- Record the daily opening message on the “Tennis Courts Conditions Phone Line” regarding the playability status of the Tennis Courts when the Night Maintenance Associate is not on duty.
- Monitor other aspects of Tennis related equipment to ensure effective functionality and good repair, including mechanical equipment as trained and directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Clear snow from doorways, walkways, around structures and apply salt/ice melter product to outdoor surfaces as required.
- Related post secondary education and/or skills and experience
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Pleasant personality appropriate for a hospitality environment
- Ability to lift heavy weight, walk for extended periods of time and, in general, perform manual labour
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resumes in confidence to the attention of:
GEORGE DE MELO, FACILITIES MANAGER
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.