Reporting To: Aquatics Manager
Job Design: Hourly (End of April through Labour Day)
The Boulevard Club is an inclusive work environment and as such has a workplace accommodation policy in place. Accommodations are available, upon request, for the interview process and other selection stages for job applicants with accessibility needs. Please contact Human Resources to discuss further.
To oversee a team of lifeguards and instructors, while providing safe and effective supervision of Members in and around the pool area, including prevention of accidents, performance of First Aid and water rescue.
- Reporting directly to the Aquatics Manager, the Aquatics Supervisor is responsible for supervising all instructors and lifeguards, ensuring smooth and effective operation of aquatic programs, including occasional guarding and in-water instructing asrequired.
- Performance of water rescue and first aid when necessary.
- Safe and effective supervision of the pools, splash pad and deck areas per Club rules, regulations, procedures and policies and the rules and regulations of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 565 Public Pools, including providing rules and regulations enforcement support to Aquatics Staff as required i.e. facilitation of Members’ and Guests’ co-operation in adhering to Aquatics Staff requests to comply with rules and regulations.
- Ensure the pools, splash pad and deck areas are safe and clean, and deck furniture and pool accessories are kept orderly and stored correctly after use/at the end of each day, including but, not limited to water testing, vacuuming, skimming, removal of deck debris and towels, and tidying of furniture, equipment and supplies.
- Ongoing evaluation and development of instructors and lifeguards, through constructive feedback and performance suggestions.
- Completion of required daily program administration, including but not limited to:
- Completion of section supply inventory sheets
- Complete attendance sheets daily and end of session statistic sheets
- Pool chemical and water balance readings as required
- Occasional staff evaluation forms
- Assist on deck with program operation.Monitor instructors to ensure classes are well organized and effectively taught. This includes starting and ending on time, screening of participants on first lesson, and appropriate feedback as requested.
- Monitor and trouble-shoot the Aquatics Staff schedule in conjunction with the Aquatics Manager, ensuring punctual arrival and departure of Aquatics Staff for shifts, rest periods, meal periods and guarding rotation.
- National Lifeguard Service (NLS)
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Standard First Aid with CPR C
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- LSS Lifesaving Instructor
*Please note all qualifications must remain current throughout duration of employment*
Average Hours Per Week: 35
Expected days and hours scheduled: Flexible, weekend hours required
Hourly Rate: $16
Deadline: January 27th, 2017
Please forward resume to Nic Hay, Aquatics Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org