The Boulevard Club, a private organization nestled on Lake Ontario,is looking for a chef de partie to assist under the guidance of the Executive Chef and his team. The chef de partie will ensure all standards are met and safety procedures are followed accordingly.
The Boulevard Club is an inclusive work environment and as such, a workplace policy accommodation policy is in place. Accommodations are available, upon request, for the interview process and other stages for the job applicants with accessibility needs. Please contact Human Resources to discuss further.
A chef de partie is responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section. Because of this, a successful chef de partie must be very knowledgeable about his or her specialty, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. A chef de partie must also be able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the sous chef and head chef.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops, communicates and maintains minimum food service standards, all Food and Beverage Policies and staff procedures.
2. Support best practices as set out by Management related to the department and enforces them.
3. Review Banquet Event Orders (BEO) to familiarize the kitchen team about events being held in the clubhouse and the duties necessary to execute each event.
4. Works cooperatively with other departments as well as members of the kitchen.
5. Assists in the preparation and production of food for the restaurants, ands banquets
6. Provides the required tools and equipment to all kitchen associates in the execution of food preparation to meet established Standards.
7. Checks and ensure that the kitchen and all associated areas are clean, organized and safe.
8. Coach, assist and work with the kitchen staff in the enforcement of guidelines, policies and standards.
9. Adhere to and enforce proper safety, hygiene and sanitation practices to be followed by all staff.
10. Support and contribute to the weekly Departmental meetings.
11. Ensure that food in the kitchen is stored properly and that the kitchen and all associated areas are kept clean and organized at all times.
12. Assist fellow team members with daily duties.
13. Coordinate with fellow members of the culinary management team to ensure smooth kitchen operations.
14. Follow all fire, health and safety regulations and laws governing Food and Beverage operations in Ontario.
15. Performs related tasks as requested by management.
- Minimum two to four (2-4) years experience in a similar business setting.
- Post secondary education in Culinary Arts and/or Hospitality or related industry experience
- Ability to communicate well in English with guests, management and co-workers
- Ability to provide legible communication
- Ability to enforce standards, policies and procedures with food and beverage staff.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work.
- Ability to direct performance or staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ability to identify departmental training needs and arrange for such training to be provided.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Keen eye and focus for attention to detail.
- Ability to access and input information into POS system, Jonas.
- Remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult/stressful staff situations.
- Perform job functions to standards under pressure.
- Follow and enforce all serving guidelines under the Ontario Liquor License Act and Smart Serve, including exercising good judgment
- Maintain a professional image at all times
Please contact Chef Greig King email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Only experienced candidates will be contacted. We are close to public transportation.
Deadline for Submissions January 27, 2017